- In order to use the Stories from Experience resource, you must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under 16, we recommend you visit www.eatingdisordersinfo.org.au for information and support.
- You must not disclose your user name or password to any person. You must take all reasonable steps to keep your user name and password secure so that it is not copied or used by any person. You must contact NEDC and change your password if you are aware that another person has used your user name or password.
- All personal information shared on the Stories from Experience resource is at your own risk. You take full responsibility for the content you upload onto the resource and all actions taken to share this information with others. You will remain responsible for use of this information by third parties whether permitted or not, and must not indemnify.
- You must not submit, post or upload any material to the Stories from Experience resource which:
a. is inappropriate, offensive or contrary to any applicable laws or standards. This includes, without limitation, material which:
i. is obscene or indecent, depicts violence, sexual activity or pornography; or contains instructions in crime or drug use; or
ii. defames, harasses, menaces, threatens, abuses, offends or embarrasses any person.
b. infringes the copyright, moral rights, confidentiality rights or intellectual property rights of any person, for example, by reproducing songs, poems, articles, logos, trademarks, pictures, photos, music or other material that is not owned by you (or which you do not have a licence to reproduce on the site);
c. infringes any of our rights or the rights of any third person including privacy rights;
d. breaches any laws, regulations, standards or codes as enacted, modified or updated from time to time;
e. impersonates any person or suggests a connection to a group or organisation which is misleading;
f. advocates the use of force or violence towards any person;
g. encourages, endorses, approves or recommends the performance of dangerous or illegal acts including suicide or self harm; or
h. contains a virus or other code that has harmful or destructive properties.
- The Stories from Experience resource is designed to assist users in writing their personal experience and sharing this with nominated individuals in a safe and informed way. NEDC is not a professional counselling body and therefore takes no responsibility for the content or material posted. You are solely responsible for any content or material which you post or upload on the Stories from Experience resource, or which is posted by another person using your user name or password. NEDC excludes all liability (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss, damage or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you arising from content or material which you post or upload on the site, or which is posted by another person (whether using your user name or password or otherwise).
- We may vary any of these Terms at any time by placing a notice on the Stories from Experience site advising that these Terms have changed. You will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the revised Terms if you continue to use the Stories from Experience resource after notice of the revised Terms has been placed on the site.